To our valued customers and supply chain partners
As the COVID-19 outbreak continues to rapidly evolve, Taizan Komatsu and the management team would like to reach out to each of you with an update on the proactive steps we are taking within our business. At this time, there are currently no cases at our locations and we strive to ensure it remains that way. Your well-being is our top priority, and as we work together to help control this virus, our goal is to provide all guests, business partners and team members with a safe, healthy and inviting environment.
During this unforeseen time, we have implemented numerous safety precautions as we manage through COVID-19 together. Our action plan will be monitored and adjusted accordingly as needed include:
- Increased cleaning and sanitizing procedures of all high-touch surfaces, all work stations, kitchens, change rooms, public washrooms, customer lounges and lunchrooms.
- Sanitizing of vehicles.
- Use of Professional Cleaning Services regularly.
- All ceramic cups, dishware and silverware are washed with the high temperature/sanitizing setting. Disposable cups are also available for use.
- Staff that have the ability to work from home stations are encouraged to do so.
- Posters throughout our brewery highlight the proper methods of handwashing, prevention and best practices.
- We are encouraging “social distancing” in daily interactions (abstaining from hand shaking, or other forms of physical greetings, and keeping a 2-meter distance between one another).
- All staff members encouraged to practice frequent hand washing and refrain from hand shaking and unnecessary contact.
- All work stations are sanitized a minimum of twice daily.
- All visitors and suppliers will not be allowed access to the PWB plant. Only contractors that have been previously contracted for work will be allowed access. All trucking operators will not have access to PWB facilities. We ask that you make arrangements at local truck stops for services. Any non-PWB employee exhibiting any symptoms of a cough or cold will be turned away.
Health and Safety Officer:
- An employee has been designated at each Facility as responsible for reporting and guidance to ensure the best standard of cleanliness and staff health safety practices.
Company Travel Policy:
- All employees have been directed to refrain from all work travel.
- As of last week, travel for work for any employee has been restricted. This restriction will be lifted as soon as the restrictions are lifted nationally and provincially. Anyone who chooses to travel outside of Canada will be asked to self-isolate for 14 days upon their return. This is a voluntary measure, but it is our expectation that people will follow this direction.
Please know that we are following the guidance and advice provided by health authorities. We will continue to monitor the progress of the virus and any further developments from our government to ensure we adapt in a timely manner and implement the appropriate procedures. The health and well-being of our customers and employees are of utmost importance to us and our thoughts are also with our friends and partners around the world.
We recognize this is a very challenging time and we are committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment. As we continue to be open for business, we would also like to thank you for your understanding and continued efforts while we work through this together.
To follow the recent developments of COVID-19 and any questions you may have regarding symptoms and testing, we recommend visiting the following resources:
Rest assured, PWB is producing and distributing product as per normal. Sales team members will actively be available, and will be in contact by telephone and or email to limit any possible exposure to themselves and business partners, and to ensure business continuity.
Thank you all for your continued efforts in keeping our environments safe.
The Pacific Western Brewing Company Family